Carpet Moth Treatment is actually a simple process when you have the correct Carpet Moth Sprayand associated products. Below you will find detailed information advising you on how best to carry out a carpet moths treatment.
In terms of products required, best results are achieved by treating affected areas firstly with residual insecticides such asPest Expert Formula 'C' Carpet Moth Killer Sprayand Formula 'P' Powder.The activation of Formula 'P' Foggersto fumigate an area is also an integral part of a carpet moths treatment as they will kill off any carpet moths in either hard to reach areas, or ones that are not a ground level where carpet moth sprays and powders are applied. Once completed, as a follow-up to carpet moths treatment and to maintain carpet moth control, we would also recommend assembling Demi-Diamond Moth Pheromone Trapsto a treated area to continually monitor activity. If your carpet moth infestation is in a bedroom, Rentokil Moth Killer Cassettes and Stripsare also ideal for protecting garments in drawers and/or wardrobes.
Highly recommended for any comprehensive carpet moths treatment are ourCarpet Moth Killer Kits. These contain all of the necessary carpet moth control products, including moth killer spray, along with an advice sheet giving step-by-step instructions on how to carry out a professional carpet moth treatment.
To order from or to see our full range of carpet moth treatment products, please click here or on the Carpet Moths tab at the top left of the page.
Firstly, and most importantly:
Do not apply liquids directly to any electrical items or power source, being sure to avoid plug sockets, cables etc. Insecticidal dusts can safely be applied with caution around these areas.
A safety mask and protective gloves should ideally be worn at all times when handling any pesticides. In addition to the advice given below, please be sure to follow instructions on product packaging.
Treatment should be carried out by firstly applying the Rentokil Insectrol Powder, followed by the Formula 'C' Spray, and then the activation of the Formula 'P' Fogger(s), before finally placing Demi Diamond Moth Traps in the affected rooms.
1. Any unprotected persons or pets (including fish) should be removed from rooms where carpet moths treatment is about to take place and kept out until surfaces become dry. The entire carpet should be vacuumed throughly in advance of treatment.
2. Apply Formula 'P' Carpet Moth Powder to affected areas and room edges. Leave for at least 30 minutes before vacuuming up. Be sure to keep pets and/or children away from treated area until powder has been removed. (If it can be tolerated, the Powder can be applied after Formula 'C' when surfaces are dry and left down for longer; however, we do not recommend this if you have young children and/or pets or if the powder is likely to be disturbed.)
3. Once the powder has been removed, apply Formula 'C' carpet moth spray to affected areas or the entire carpet if activity is widespread. Move any heavy furniture and spray beneath. A heavier application of carpet moth spray should also be administered around the edges of the room (up to 50cm out from skirting boards/wall-floor junctions). This should save you the trouble of having to lift and treat beneath the edges of the carpet. A 1 litre container will treat approx 20 sq m. NB Formula 'C' is a residual insecticide. This means it will leave an invisible film which, unlike a fine mist aerosol, will continue to remain effective for some time after (depending upon traffic over surfaces). Therefore, for maximum effect, cleaning / vacuuming of treated surfaces should ideally be avoided for a short time. After vacuuming it may be necessary to re-apply.
4. If carpets are being discarded, once removed, liberally apply Formula 'C' and repeat process if infestation has been moderate to heavy.
5. Next, place the Fogger in the centre of the area to be treated. Activate by tearing off the plastic seal, pushing down on the trigger and twisting to lock into place. As the gas is released under high pressure, please hold the canister away from you. The Fogger will take approx 90 seconds to empty its contents. Each Fogger will treat a room of approx 4m x 4m).
6. Close the room and allow 2-3 hours for surfaces to dry and for the gas to disperse. Upon re-entering the room, ventilate by way of an open window, if possible, to eliminate any fumes and help speed up the drying process.
7. To monitor activity after treatment, install Demi-Diamond Moth Pheromone Traps in the affected rooms. Fold the moth trap(s) into a toblerone shape and insert a pheromone pad into the holder, sticky side facing out. Replace pads every 8-10 weeks.
8. Depending upon the degree of carpet moth infestation, a repeat treatment may be necessary after 30 days.
9. When products are finished with, please dispose of safely and in accordance with advice on packaging.
The information supplied is provided as a guide only. While every effort is made to assist customers, mothkiller.co.uk will not accept any responsiblity for any loss resulting from the application of products supplied by ourselves, or any guidance given.
To see our full range of carpet moths treatment products please click here.
Our Advanced Carpet Moth Killer Kit is a collection of the best carpet moth control products available. Designed for the treatment of a carpet moth infestation affecting several rooms, this Kit provides everything you need to get rid of carpet moths, including 5Ltr of our ready-to-use Pest Expert Formula 'C+' Carpet Moth Spray which will treat an area of up to 250 sq mtrs in a single application. All our Carpet Moth Kits come complete with a detailed step-by-step advice sheet to enable you to carry out a professional carpet moth treatment easily and effectively. For full details of this pack, please click on More Info. (INCLUDES FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY!)
Our Intermediate Carpet Moth Killer Kit Intermediate is designed for the treatment of carpet moth infestations affecting 2-3 rooms, or for those wishing to carry out a more intensive carpet moth treatment to 1-2 rooms. This Kit contains the same high quality carpet moth control products from Pest Expert as the Standard Kit, but in double the quantities at considerably less than double the cost. (Click on 'More Info' tab for further details).
Our Standard Carpet Moth Killer Kit provides a collection of only the very best carpet moth control products, perfect for the treatment of one room with patchy carpet moth activity. Incorporating premium grade, HSE-approved carpet moth killer products from market leaders Pest Expert, this kit provides everything you need to get rid of carpet moths. All our Carpet Moth Killer Kits are supplied with a step-by-step advice sheet to enable you to carry out a professional carpet moth treatment. For full details of this pack, please click on More Info.
Formula 'P' Carpet Moth Killer Powder from Pest Expert, has been specifically formulated to deliver a rapid knockdown and provide fast eradication of carpet moths. Now approved by the UK's HSE for both professional and amateur use, this unique product has the ability to control all life cycle stages of the carpet moth, including egg, larvae and adult moth. Large 300g pack size. Please Note: This product is now also included within all our Carpet Moth Killer Kits, superseding the old Rentokil 150g Insectrol powder.
The Pest Expert Formula 'P' Fogger is a moth killing fumigation device designed to control carpet moths and is an important part of any comprehensive carpet moth treatment. Safer than smoke bombs, it is ideal for use in rooms affected by a carpet moth infestation. (FROM JUST £5.65 IF BUYING MULTIPLES!)
Pest Expert Formula C+ Advanced is the new and improved formulation of our best-selling moth killer. Containing three powerful active ingredients, Formula C+ is a fast-acting carpet moth spray that can be applied to carpets and rugs to kill carpet moths on contact. Formula C+ also leaves behind an insecticidal residue that is effective for up to 12 weeks, offering long-lasting carpet moth control. This 1Ltr Formula 'C+' Carpet Moth Spray has the ability to treat up to 50 sq mtrs in a single application! (FROM JUST £8.99 WHEN BUYING MULTIPLES!).
Pest Expert Formula C+ Advanced is the new and improved formulation of our best-selling moth killer. Containing three powerful active ingredients, Formula C+ is a fast-acting carpet moth spray that can be applied to carpets and rugs to kill carpet moths on contact. Formula 'C+' Advanced also leaves behind an insecticidal residue that is effective for up to 12 weeks, offering long-lasting carpet moth control. This 5Ltr Formula 'C+' Advanced Carpet Moth Spray has the ability to treat up to 250 sq mtrs in a single application! (FROM JUST £32.95 WHEN BUYING MULTIPLES!).
The Pest Expert Formula 'P' Super Fumer is a powerful 11g insecticidal smoke bomb containing permethrin which has a rapid knockdown effect on adult moths. The Super Fumer will treat an area of up to 100 cubic metres. Please Note: The Super Fumer can also be used in smaller rooms/areas for a more intensive treatment.
Rentokil Insectrol is a highly effective insecticidal moth killer spray. Designed to be used as a space spray this is an excellent product to form part of a comprehensive treatment for carpet moth infestation.